Fall 2021 is stacked with some quality anime series. Shows like Mushoku Tensei and Demon Slayer are making a return, and there are some popular manga works like Komi Can’t Communicate and Platinum Ends, which are getting an anime adaptation.
However, there is another anime series, which is recently making waves on social media platforms. Takt op. Destiny is co-produced by Mappa and Madhouse, two of the biggest anime studios. Since the first trailer was released about 2 months ago, it has already surpassed 1 million views. Considering the fact that this is an original work (no manga or light novel) from Mappa x Madhouse, the number of views are quite astonishing.
From the looks of the trailer, animation looks promising. Hopefully, the trailer isn’t pre-animated as previously done by the Mappa studio for Attack on Titan season 4.
One day, a black meteorite fell upon the world, and the world totally changed. The meteorite produced grotesque monsters called D2, and they started spreading. D2 very quickly banned all music, which was the only thing able to overcome them. However, some people resisted D2. These are young women that have the power of music, the “Musicart.” These young women possess “scores” that can defeat monsters. And there are also people who lead these women, the Conductor.
The anime is set in the United States in the year 2047, which fell into ruin thanks to the D2. Takt, a Conductor, is partnered with a Musicart named Unmei. Takt yearns for music to be returned to the world, and Unmei wishes to destroy the D2. Their objective is to go to New York.
Takt Op. Destiny is scheduled to be released on October 5, 2021. The anime will be broadcasted on TV Tokyo and Amazon Prime Video in Japan. As far as the international audience is concerned, Crunchyroll will be streaming the series in selected regions.
- Destiny (voiced by Shion Wakayama)
- Anna Schneider (voiced by Kaede Hondo)
- Titan (voiced by Miku Ito)
- Lenny (voiced by Satoshi Hino
- Heaven (voiced by Inori Minase)
- Hell (voiced by Reina Ueda)
- Shindler (CV: Daisuke Namikawa)
- Sagan (CV: Eiji Hanawa)
- Yuuki Itoh (Granblue Fantasy the Animation) is directing the anime series
- Kiyoko Yoshimura (The God of High School) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- LAM is in charge of the original character design, while Reiko Nagasawa (Overlord III) is in charge of adapting them to animation.
- Ryo is in charge of writing and composing the opening theme titled “Takt”, which is performed by Mafumafu & Gaku perform. Mika Nakashima performs the ending song titled “Symphonia.
Source: Comic Natalie
© DeNA ／ タ ク ト オ ー パ ス フ ィ ル ハ ー モ ニ ッ ク